Friday, July 20, 2007

Hillary was talking. Ye-Gods!

Defense Department official criticizes Mrs. Clinton for talking.

CBS NEWS STORY

(This is the pompous Hillary attacker:)


Hillary is a big girl and she can take care of herself. She has money, power, position, and friends in high places. She doesn't need me to defend her, and I'm not very inclined to do that anyhow. She doesn't know me, and if she did, she would be embarrassed --like everyone else -- to admit it.

Besides, this is a women who has been called a liar, a future's market manipulator, a lesbian, a drug runner, an adulterer, and a murderer. She's used to calumny, especially as the receiver of it, and I doubt if a day doesn't go by that she isn't fending off lies.



What interests me today about Hillary and her attackers is the nature of this particular attack. Some folks in the Department of Defense have accused her of aiding and abetting the enemy, by talking about ending the war in Iraq.

Speaking of Cinton, a Defense Department manure-spreader said:

"Premature and public discussion of the withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq reinforces enemy propaganda that the United States will abandon its allies in Iraq, much as we are perceived to have done in Vietnam, Lebanon and Somalia."

In other words: If you talk about ending the war, you're abandoning our allies. I wish to beg your pardon, you pompous airbag. In a democracy, discussion should be expected. It should even be ENCOURAGED. You, sir, are the traitor not Mrs. Clinton or the other millions of Americans who wish to discuss your messed up war.

So, while I'm not here to back Hillary, I am here to back democracy.

Here's one other thing: The use of the word "premature" interests me. If after all these years, 450 billion dollars, hundreds of thousands of deaths, it's not yet time to discuss ending the war, when would be? I would like to know when it would be 'mature' to discuss these things.

Any idea there, guys?

===============
DISCLAIMER: No one at this blog has a candidate for President yet. We aren't supportng anyone so far, if ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Mike. Gravel. Some people say he's senile, but I think that's just ageist crap. Some people think he's too angry, but how is it possible to be too angry in these times? What's important is to use your anger as a catalyst for positive change, which the good man seems to be doing. I also love the "rock" video. http://www.gravel2008.us/

Felix J said...

How can you not support Ron Paul? The only voice of reason I've heard yet...

Anonymous said...

I take comfort in the belief that no one is listening to what Bush and his government "manure-spreaders" are saying anymore. I hope this is true. Feel free to burst my bubble if you like.

Bud said...

I appreciate all these comments. Mike Gravel and Ron Paul are both exceptions to the colorless politican rule.