Sunday, June 3, 2007

'Christian' v. 'Christian'

Mitt Romney is both a Mormon and a Republican. Oops, but what about all those other Republicans who are Mormon loathers? This includes, evidently, all those Republichristians who affiliate with the Southern Baptists and the 'evangelicals' and the Focus on the Family folks ------ etc.

=====
For Example
'' If the former Massachusetts governor wins the GOP nomination and the presidency, Keller's message added, it will ``ultimately lead millions of souls to the eternal flames of hell.'

READ IT HERE
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/sfl-601complaint,0,1736460.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines
=====

I confess that I don't belong to either one of these highly-persuaded factions, but I'm tempted to jump in with both hooves. I'll resist that temptation and pull up a lawnchair, instead, on the sidelines. I'll cheer them on.

This sort of reminds me a lot of the days in the '50's and '60's when the Democrats were trying to hold together a coalition of the new black voters and the southern 'Dixicrats' who detested each other and were fighting one another in the streets. Then, I picked sides. My side won!

However, I for one, plan to enjoy watching this new political debacle. Let them quarrel over their ideas of Christ and Christianity. Throw stones, Throw shit! Religious intolerance is another one of those sporting events worth watching, like La Crosse in N. Carolina.

But, beware of the collateral damage.

No comments: