Saturday, February 23, 2008

Academy invitation

DID YOU have a favorite film among those nominated this year? Did you have a favorite performance? If so, feel free to send them along and we'll post them. These are not necessarily what you think will win, but what you think should win.
===

Under the BIRCHES, we've seen 4 of the 5 films nominated and these are our preferences:

Pat W: 
BEST PICTURE: "No Country for Old Men"

BEST ACTRESS:  Julie Christie 

SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Tila Swinton 

SUPPORTING ACTOR: Philip Seymour Hoffman
===

Bud:
BEST PICTURE: "No Country for Old Men."

ACTORS: Tilda Swinton for "Michael Clayton" and Javier Bardem for "No Country ..."


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any of the nominated films but I sure enjoyed Bucket List. I don't know 2/3 of the people nominated but I'd like to see Hal holbrook get some kind of honor for his career accomplishments.

Anonymous said...

After seeing "There Will Be Blood"
I would give it best picture and Daniel Day-Lewis best actor.

Javier Bardem a sure thing for supporting actor. I still squirm thinking about the store scene. Tom Wilkinson picked the wrong year to be nominated.

Anonymous said...

We saw La Vie En Rose last night and I think I'm going to change my selection for best actress - Marion Cotillard (whoever she is) is wonderful. Gigi woke up in the middle of the night thinking about her performance. A much different role than Julie Christie's - very intense. Probably impossible to compare the two roles because they are so different.

Bud said...

I've been wanting to see several of the movies or performances with nominees but they just haven't been available where I've been. La Vie en Rose has special appeal for me because I've always loved Edith Piaf's singing. So, I'm still waiting for a chance to see it.

I also haven't seen There Will Be Blood.