Thursday, September 6, 2007

Where are we? Your Input

What a lot of friends had to say about the Teen Miss South Carolina debacle:
=====
DIG S - I think I need subtitles with that. Was she even trying to speak English?
I think she's Bush's next appointee for U.S. attorney general. Imagine how
frustrated and confused a group of senators would be asking her questions
in the hot seat.

MARSHA (from S.C.) - I am a sick person recovering form extenisve surgery, barely able to hold up my head. Why can't you leave me alone?

OFFICER ED (a Yooper)- Hey youse guys, us above the bridge folks have a problem with this speech.

ALICE -Awww! Leave the poor girl alone. After all, they
tell you it's a beauty contest. Then they trick you
with a bogus question and want you to be a brain and
figure it out. Not fair!. That's why I never ran for
such a thing. Every contest has a catch!

CHRIS - Oh my god...I felt embarrassed for her! I think this country has a bigger problem than finding us on a map. This wasn't a rocket scientist question!

SANDY - I know that is funny, but so sad!

DASHMANN - Guess I failed to notice when South Africa and The Iraq achieved statehood !
Probably most of that one-fifth of Americans reside right in those new states where they don’t have maps.

ANONYMOUS - She won for her tits, not her wits. Get out of the way so we can see her better.


FELIX - I would LOVE to comment....but, on dial-up, by the time that video downloaded, South Carolina may not even be a state....and, I think that's STILL the way they want it!!!

ANONYMOUS - This poor little lamb is a blonde female Shrub!!!! She's been exposed to waaaay too many Presidential news conferences!!

======
Coming Soon: The next poll of your opinions on an equally important topic.
======
FOOTNOTE: This is what "Atrios," a blogger, said on "Eschaton":
"I don't know if she's dumb as a stone or if she just understandably had a bit of a brain fart. I've got a Ph.D and I probably had moments like that in public. Either way she's just a young woman whose worst moment wasn't appreciably worse than the regular outbursts of our commander in chief. It means nothing. Let it go."

COMMENT; OK, let it go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I've seen the clip of the girl.... Brutal, I tell ya. You don't have to be smart to not talk like that!