Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Day! Notes from the Love Nest.


What a great day yesterday was!

The morning began with the chance to wallow once more in the depth of despond which accompanies the death of Princess Diana. I got to weep and wail and look at the fancy royals of London parading their fashions and their passions on my HD-TV. Oh God! What joy! One of the funnest parts was watching those rascally young men maneuvering to kiss their cousins under those funky hats.

Then I was taken by Spouse to play golf. She likes to use me as foil while she practices for the real competition in her high powered league of energetic and vivacious athletes like herself. That league begins its autumn assault on the greens of Bayou this very next week. Everyone who knows me knows that golf is my second most favorite activity. My first is pounding myself on the fingernails with a wooden mallet.


Then I got to stay up really late and watch the Detroit Tigers, playing in California, drag out their doom into the tenth inning before surrendering to the A's. I like those kinds of games the very best-est. If you're going to be disappointed, it's so much better to sit there and enjoy it for a very long time in the early hours of the morning; you know, that time in the a.m. when Nazi storm troopers used to kick down doors and haul Jews away, or when the Klan used to ride into the yard and hang the children.

And Then: To Bed! sleeping fitfully through the night, my mind racing onwards lickety-snot, counting my many blessings.

No comments: