Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday Morning friends report, Ap. 7, 2008



STEVE - went fishing to catch some streelhead but instead came home with a nice brown trout. Also, he was at the Red Wings game last Wednesday when the Red Wings came back after trailing and won with only 11 seconds left in the game. He considered that "...it was one of the most amazing things I've seen in sports."

MARSHA - has discovered that her cat Lola is planning on going with her to Tahiti this weekend. Lola has taken up a spot on the suitcase and knows perfectly well what's afoot.

SCOT - is brewing beer with his brothers and friends. (Yep, it's perfectly legal). They've turned out some nice concoctions.

SPARTY AND GIGI - will be home this week from their travels in N. Carolina and Virginia.

TRASE and SCOT - have been twice to see the Tigers lose this spring. With a package of 25 tickets remaining for 25 more games, there's a chance they'll see a win eventually.

BRENDA - is working on a new writing assignment, and has been busy getting the reservations in for the wedding party in August up at Wallhalla.

ALICE - points out that the U.S. State Dept. has extended the contract with the Blackwater Group for its paramilitary services in Iraq where it has been accused of illegal activities including murder. But the State Dept. seems to think that nothing has bebn proven about them and until then, they're rehired! click

IRENE - has commented quite a bit on the problem of Obama's perceived lack of patriotism and thinks the whole dispute is a matter of "jingoism" and a misplaced emphasis on tokens rather than on real love of country. click

PAT W. - has a small refrigerator (like camp style or garage style) and a small freezer for sale, in excellent condition, for $50/each. Otherwise, she says, her life is very, very dull.

DASHMANN - [for those of you with a proclivity for good puns] - I wonder if anyone else finds it interesting or odd or something,
That a [Kenny] Rogers – [Brian]Bannister pitched game would end up 4 - 0 ?? (This happened April 2. If you don't understand the pun, you can always ask Dashmann.)

====

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Dashmann, I'm not clever enough to figure out the pun, but I know you and I know I'll love it when I hear it. Or is it gonna be one of those -- you asked for it kid? Alice

Felix J said...

YOU DIDN'T GIVE A 'FRIEND REPORT' FOR ME!!! HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT I'M DOING NOW???

And, Dashmann...my guess probably wouldn't be within a mile of what you're looking for. :-)

scot s w said...

Rogers? Bannister? Hmmm... Just give me four minutes and I'll think of it...

Anonymous said...

Scot, you're quicker than me! 4 minutes???!!!! I've been working it for almost 3 days and I still don't get it! Whose Roger Bannister? Alice

Anonymous said...

Never mind. I got smart?! I goggled Roger Bannister. He's before my time. A.

Bud said...

OK - Roger Bannister is the first person to run the four minute mile.