Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday morning.

Most mornings while I'm here in The Villages, I try to get out to the local Starbucks where I can have an overpriced drink of some kind, and answer or send email, update BIRCHES, and read some news --- and other peoples' blogs.

I don't alway get here. But here I am today.

Then there is the people watching aspect of it. Some of these older folks are pretty far-out with their fashions and behaviors. Sitting here today is a lady with an obviously self-made outfit. I curse myself that I forgot my camera. She is wearing blue slacks made out of that heavy material, like drapes, you know. Her jacket matches it, She'[s wearing a hat made out of the same material --- a turban-like affair. AND, on the floor beside here is a bag/purse made out of the same stuff. It's this color:


=====
Last evening, we went over to the Church on the Square and heard a concert by a guy named Cahal Dunne. He says his name translates from the Irish as "Charlie Brown." He is an Irish tenor and plays a piano as well as anyone. We took Liam, of course, as he is so well-behaved in public, and we sat in the balcony where he wouldn't be such a problem if he got restless.



This is Cahal:
Liam danced in the space in front of his seat for awhile, then he climbed into Trase's arms and fell asleep. It was an excellent way to spend two hours.

=======


No comments: