Friday, January 29, 2010

Goodbye Robert and J.D.

For our most favorite person, this has been a bad week, seeing the death of two odd gentlemen.


PAT W. is mourning the passing of two of her "most favorite" writers. J.D. Salinger died at 91, not leaving enough stories.

“I hope to hell that when I do die somebody has the sense to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.”


Robert B. Parker, who has left a ton of books behind, created one of Pat's favorite characters ever in literature, Spenser (with no first name.)


Well, you give me too much credit for foresight and planning. I haven't got a clue what the hell I'm doing.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Howard Zinn also passed this week. A wonderful historian who provided us with another approach to our history.