Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday Morning Friends Report

We are in Florida this morning and I have a borrowed computer.

So, I will have to pass on my Monday Morning Friends Report. Hello to friends who will be checking in, though. So far, we keep up on email and appreciate it very much.

When we get home, I'll do a full update.

Meanwhile, I see that the shooting has been extended to Pastor Haggard's former church in Colorado, you know, the one that loves him but threw him out. They hate his sins, they say, but him they can keep loving at arm's length. Pastor Ted is lucky they pitched him out of their Christian congregation, because he otherwise might have been shot with something besides a needle.

Irene has sent a poem. This is an Aussie's impression of the American gun obssession. I don't believe she is the author, just the messenger:

"The right to bear arms" is a lazy
Excuse for gun laws, rather hazy,
That have the effect
To completely protect
Your right to be killed by the crazy.

===
I know that we have missed a lot of really bad weather in parts of the country where some of our friends live. I hope you are all O.K. and not suffering under the ice and slop. We're conce4rned about Felix who is right in the middle of the ice storm, we think.

No comments: