Thursday, December 27, 2007

Beware!

Here are two brief news items from this morning from abroad. Before you consider voting for a "religious" candidate for President, consider ALL of the "blessings" that religious politics will bring. I'm thinking in particular, but not exclusively, of Mike Huckabee.


NEW DELHI - Hindu extremists burned down the house of a prominent Christian politician in eastern India Thursday, officials said, as violence by gangs from both sides continued despite a curfew imposed after two days of attacks against Christians by Hindu hard-liners.


BETHLEHEM, West Bank - Robed Greek Orthodox and Armenian priests went at each other with brooms and stones inside the Church of the Nativity on Thursday as long-standing rivalries erupted in violence during holiday cleaning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think their is a difference between a religious person and fanatic extremists who think their way is the only way... Fanatics and extremists exist in all walks of life...Catholics, Mormons, Baptists, Islam, Judeism, atheists, anarchists, CEO's, and on and on and on. I know what you mean though. It's not being religious that's the problem. It's the narrow-mindedness and extremism that causes the problem every where. Look at me. I don't even own a gun and I don't care what others choose to believe as long as they don't force me to follow their chosen path. I'd make a lousy president any way. Alice