Thursday, November 15, 2007

Why Hillary?

A week ago, or so, I got to thinking that Hillary Clinton had run into a lot of flak about her performance at one of the debates, that many in the press seemed to be feeling great joy about it, but that only a few days before, everyone had been talking about how her nomination seemed to be inevitable. Also, it seemed that the numbers were showing Giuliani way ahead in the Republican polls.



So, I asked a couple of people, Scot and Sparty, what advantage there was in Hillary. This was the question: In the likely happening that it's Giuliani vs. Hillary, can you think of two good reasons why a person ought to Vote for Hillary?

Here's what they answered:

SCOT
1) Bill
2) Health care

SPARTY
I don't think Giuliani matters - I can't think of two good reasons to vote for Hillary no matter who the GOP candidate is - I can only come up with one - She's the Dem nominee (and I hope that doesn't happen)

====

So I asked other people and here's the answers they sent me:

MARSHA
Reason 1: Bill
Reason 2. She's not Giuliani

PAT W
She's smarter
She's been through menopause

DASHMANN
She isn’t Bush
and she isn’t Giuliani -----
(Isn’t that shallow?? I can’t think of a positive reason.)

DIG S
Giuliani has 9/11 Tourette's syndrome,
I used to like him but now he's annoying although I don't hate him (he's better than Mitt Romney).

IRISH MIKE
1.Experience (In the White House and in the Senate).
2.Other than cleaning up NY what has G done?



CONCLUSION:
This is not a case of being flippant. I think that a lot of people are having trouble with this matter of Hillary being inevitable. Those who are Democrats would probably choose her ahead of any Republican, but this is not the same as thinking she's really better.

3 comments:

Jim Thill said...

I've been on a steady drip of right-wing talk radio this week, just for fun. Those people seem to think Hillary would make a good opponent. They are really scared of her.

Anonymous said...

Anyone who can't see Hillary is infinitely better than Mayor Jackass in a thousand ways is a nut job.

Bud said...

"infinitely better?"
I'd like to know some reasons why.

I do, though, admit to being a nut job.