Thursday, September 4, 2008

the source of Palin ---(Updated)

Where have I seen that sort of jutting jaw, thrust forward in wicked contempt of ethics? That strutting performance for a speech? Where have I heard that unmodified nationalism, that defiance of the world? Where have I seen that standing before a huge crowd and that making of repeated sarcastic references to one's political adversaries? Where have I seen that sort of substitution of pure sarcasm for real thought? That lifting of slogan over ideas? That planned construction of a cult of personality? That deliberate lying with a smug gleam in the eye? Where have I seen that fawning in front of corporate interest? That willingness to give the monied class whatever it wants? Lets see --- corporate state, nationalism, hm-m-m

No, it wasn't Hitler. I don't see that guy. But who was it? So, familiar somehow. Who?

OK,  Here it is: CLICK 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm scared of her now. People like style over substance. People like to feel good about themselves and their country - and not feel bad about how pathetically stupid their president is and how bad their government has been. Sounds like Germany after WWI.... US politics is so complicated, it's magnificent really, but my head hurts thinking about it.