Monday, September 1, 2008

OOPS --- another silly mistake

PATRIOT GUN OWNER MISTAKES 100
Yr-OLD WOMAN FOR A TERRORIST
=====

100-Year-Old Woman Found Shot Dead In L.I. Home


Spry Jessie Burke, A Lover Of The N.Y. Times Crossword, 
Found With Head Wound In Den Chair

 YAPHANK, N.Y. (CBS) ― She may be the oldest murder victim in New York state history. Suffolk police are baffled, and neighbors are stunned over the murder.

Police are hunting for the gunman who killed a 100-year-old woman in her home in the Hamptons.
====

COMMENTARY -- All of us under the Birches would like to encourage people to be more careful now that we have all been declared by the Supreme Court to be members of the militia.  Gun shooting requires care and thought. It is easy to confuse an old woman sitting in her den for an invading communist trying to destroy our families. It is a common mistake, so please try to be very observant before shooting people.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The question is, can we as Barack Obama says reach a compromise where someone living in rural Ohio can hunt while we keep AK47's out of the hands of gangsters in cleveland?

Oh, I don't know. I like guns and I own a few and I like the idea that when someone breaks into my house I can kill them. However, I wonder if I would feel the same if those people breaking in were'nt assured of having a gun with them. I wonder if I would feel the same if the cops actually kept people from breaking in? I wonder if people would break in and risk being shot if they weren't so f'ing poor? I wonder if the poorness came before or after the drugs? I wonder if expensive drugs and cheap guns isn't sort of backwards? If you make the drugs really cheap all the idiots who use them can kill themselves more quickly and won't have to rob anyone to do it. I wonder why all the law abiding people who own and want to carry concealed weapons daily live in places like Seney, MI where you don't have to lock your doors? This is a complicated question and I don't support killing ancient elderlies in their dens. But governments like our current one do make you wonder if we might need to defend ourselves against them at some point and I've seen their weapons....and they rule.
Woodsman

Bud said...

As far as the militia thing goes, it seems to me the only possible use private individuals could make of their guns in defense of the country might be someday when marauding bands are loose in the land. I don't see us violently defending ourselves against our government or against any foreign nation that could muster the power to invade us.

As far as distinguishing between Ak-47s (etc.) or hunting rifles, we ought to be able to work that out. However, that means that the right will have to agree to some regulation.

Anonymous said...

I agree, you can work out the AK47s vs hunting rifles. But I can't see the right agreeing to any regulation at all. People here break into houses and rob convenience stores with knives and syringes. Makes it much more difficult though.

The militia thing made sense when everyone had muskets. The scales are tilted a bit to heavily in favour of the guys with missiles and bombers these days.