Saturday, November 14, 2009

whilin' away some time

Dashmann and Skuzza are staying in The Villages just now, and Marsha has come to visit. Last night we went out to eat at a very good Italian Restaurant and then went to the movies to see The Fourth Kind. It was a fun movie, scary, and very involving. Afterwards, we went to a local joint and heard some good and bad Karaoke, and had a few sips. All-in-all, it was a great evening.

Today is a football Saturday, but really there aren't many games that interest me. The Wolverines won't be on here. No one could ask for a more beautiful day. The day is bright and warm, and the "girls" - as they refer to themselves - have gone "shopping," so I decided to update my blog. Later we will watch South Carolina try to defeat Florida. (As you know, everyone who ain't a Gator hates 'em.) Then we'll probably go swimming --- at least I will.

We are trying very,very hard to enjoy our stay. Does it seem to be working?

Here in Central Florida, there is a report this morning of a gentleman who at the age of 76 keeps a gun. Two fellas burst into his home, beat him into a mess, and then stole his gun. There you go: see, at least no one got shot, huh?

1 comment:

Sparty said...

Well, Old Birch, the weather continues to hold here - a real Indian summer. My prediction is it may hold till just prior to your return.

BTW, not to be contrary (who, me?) but I, for one, have nothing against the Gators. I didn't like them when Steve Superior was coach, but that was then. I still get some enjoyment from his losses, even though they bring sadness to Marsha.