Monday, November 16, 2009

random notes

I have been gone a couple of days, so I'm running a little behind on my duties and my emails.

Marsha has gone, and with her the wisp of sadness that accompanied the loss of her team to Florida. S. Carolina put up a valiant fight and might actually have pulled off an upset, but "what-ifs" always accompany the song of the victims.

We golfed today and decided to walk the nine-holes. It was the noon hour when we teed off, and the sun was hot, and I admit by the end of the walk, I was thoroughly bushed. But, on the last green, I made a great putt, which just goes to show you that God favors a fool. We had Dashmann as our third, and we were assigned a fourth who turned out to be a very nice guy from Canton-Plymouth MI area.

As I write just now, Mike Huckaby is in The Villages making his mark on a bunch of books bearing his name as author. I don't like him, just as I don't like any of the far right wing delusion-ados. (Whatever happened to the reasonable and intelligent Republicans?) What a pack of weenies. I have gone past any sense of ordinary rebuttal and am reduced to ad hominem renderings , like "weenie." This I can do knowing full well that most of them can't do any better. On the other hand, I could give a reasonably thoughtful set of commentaries about whats-'er-name from Wasilla. I'll work on that.

I saw my old European History professor on the History Channel last night discussing the attempts on Hitler's life. It was a like a refresher course to me. And I know what HARD! exams he writes. I almost felt like I should be taking notes. I see he is now at North Carolina. Hmmm


No comments: