Saturday, November 7, 2009

random notes


I have noticed quite a lot of elderly joggers around here. Nice that they're keeping it up, but I have yet to see one who seems to be enjoying the enterprise.

There is a large group of senior citizen bicyclists. They travel in a pack -- a fairly large pack. Now this I might do if I lived here regularly, but I don't think I would want to wear all that tight shiny and gaudy clothing.

I have been doing well golfing. For me, "well" is probably "not well" to you. But it's unusual for me to be happy with my golfing.

We miss people --- particularly we miss our children and grandkid, and the activities like Guinness club and coffee club. And the Hanleys .....

2 comments:

Sparty said...

Oh, and you are missed, too. Glad your golf game is pleasing you. The two rounds I played this week demonstrated that two weeks' absence from the links is all it takes to make my game disappear.

Dashmann said...

Best part of the golf is we are playing executive (short ) courses.
Makes for only 90 - 120 minutes of misery instead of the 4-5 hours aggrevation of a standard 18 hole layout.