Monday, November 9, 2009

polo




Yesterday we did something new --- well, for us it's new. We drove our golf cart over to the polo grounds and saw a match. We rode our cart up to the side line along with a hundred other people and were immediately told we had to move, that this section of the grass was reserved. I have gotten so old now that I'm not interested in preserving my life against unreasonable people, so I defied the instructions. Besides, they were from a little old lady who had to be ten years older than I am and I felt confident that I could knock her down in a hard fight. Sitting there smugly, feeling bold and valiant, I figured we would eventually be evicted by the minions of the law. But, we weren't. So we watched chukker after chukker from the comfort of our golf cart seats. In the process we made the acquaintanceship of some very nice people from Minnesota.

Sometime, we will go back. One guy fell off his horse and that made the event wholly worthwhile. It was almost as thrilling as watching a figure skater hit the wall.

No comments: