Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Recommended by Irish MIke

I agree with NY Times Op-Ed on health care and centralist Democrats.
"Why is every one so concerned about the insurance companies?" > CLICK
=====
They certainly do not seem to care about the public. If they were forced to compete with a government run insurance, I guarantee the medical industry would be forced to lower cost. Drug companies, insurance companies, medical practitioners, the whole system would have to come into line. The United States spends more money on health care than any one, yet we have this broken system where 40 million have no health coverage and 70% of the populace is unhappy with their health plan. *** Op-Ed Columnist: Health Care Showdow

=====
Footnote: Thanks to Sparty and Gigi who also recommended this article. Good reading!

3 comments:

Bud said...

I also agree. Some of the Democrats can be so feckless and timid that they betray their own party's interest. And, that would be better than saying they're crooked, which some of them may well be. Perhaps some're selling out to the drug companies.

margaret said...

On one hand, I have felt for years that insurance companies are sanctioned to provide "services" that the Mafia provides illegally. In my book, it's a shakedown, pure and simple.

On the other hand, I feel nervous about what sort of "plan" the government will end up with regarding my health. Bumblers, cowards, and crooks, the lot of them.

I know better ways of providing for the health care needs of our citizens is wholly possible. I'm just far too jaded to believe it will ever happen.

Alice said...

On a very personal note---I'm concerned about insurance companies because I've been been robbed by them. A Dr. in Nebraska, working for Lincoln Insurance company (whom I've never seen) decided I wasn't entitled to disability. Therefore, the charter school, Francis Reh owned by Leona Group decided that I was not entitled to the banked sick days I had. A month later, The Leona Group decided that they wouldn't hire me in the fall because I might not be well enough to handle the class. That's my basic story. I won't go into all the ramafications.