Thursday, June 25, 2009

No modesty here

I was right, and I'm ready to seem conceited about it:

1. I said the U.S. team was playing terrible soccer and I was right. They lost to Costa Rica, Italy and Brazil and seemed not have their acts together at all. They were not ready for prime time!
Today, they turned around and defeated the #1 ranked team in the world -- Spain. Oh yes, they did it fair and square and with energy and a huge improvement in organization and cooperation. Where have they been?

2. I never did believe that the governor of South Carolina was out walking on the Appalachian Trail. I was right. The trail he was trodding was of a much different variety. Just as I thought.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I also never believed that none of the people he worked with knew where he was. I definitely believe his wife knew!