Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our lastest Wacko

RUSTY DEPASS, South Carolina Republican activist, official in Giuliani's presidential campaign, etc. 



South Carolina GOP activist and former chairman of the state elections commission Rusty DePass has apologized for saying a gorilla that escaped from a zoo was an "ancestor" of Michelle Obama.
...

After an aide to state Attorney General Henry McMaster detailed the escape of the gorilla from Columbia's Riverbanks Zoo, DePass responded with a comment: "I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors - probably harmless."

DePass later admitted to WIS news that he was referring to Michelle Obama and said, "I am as sorry as I can be if I offended anyone. The comment was clearly in jest."


Mr. Depass is entitled to think whatever he wants about Michelle Obama, I suppose, and he can say anything he wants,and I am the last person to want to limit anyone's freedom of speech. But if he wishes to remain in the limelight and go on doing the work of the Republican Party, then he would be wise to brush up on 21st Century standards. I hear they apply even in South Carolina.

1 comment:

Dashmann said...

The Republic party's spokespeople are Obama's best helpers in getting him re-elected !