Thursday, November 20, 2008

Letter from Felix

Excerpt from an e-mail from FELIX, our friend in Indiana.  Note: Felix has never been, in my experience,  very "political."  But I always appreciate his observations on the world and the people he meets in it. (Bud)
===

"One thing that I do want to comment on is the night of the election. I've never seen/felt such an overwhelming 'sigh of relief' combined with a feeling of hope as was felt that night. Before Obama ever said a word, the country was in better 'shape' if based on nothing more than the feeling of hope. Then, he delivered an incredible speech that was easy to understand, said exactly what it needed to say and little more. And, he left the stage with the country, excepting a few of the staunchest Republicans and some gun-toting Redneck racists, with the first feeling of 'light at the end of the tunnel' that it's had in a long, long time. 

To me, one of the highlights, if not THE highlight of the entire thing, was seeing Jesse Jackson cry. For the first time I was able to look at him for what he should be. To me, he was closer to what he wants to be and what he wants people to think he is. "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I wasn't the only one who started crying at the sight of Jesse Jackson.