Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tell us what you think of this

Tell what you think about this:

(from Reuters and MSNBC):
CLICK

John McCain, who often invokes his ordeal as a Vietnam war prisoner to show his devotion to his country as he runs for U.S. president, drew on the experience again on Monday -- this time to deflect sniping over the number of houses he owns.

In an appearance on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, McCain, 71, said his priority was to keep Americans in their homes in tough economic times.

"I spent 5 1/2 years in a prison cell without -- I didn't have a house. I didn't have a kitchen table. I didn't have a table. I didn't have a chair," he said.

"I spent those 5 1/2 years ... not because I wanted to get a house when I got out."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The interesting part out of all of this is that they are probably her houses and not his. It really doesn't matter as when one is debating religions, of which politics in just a subset, one can carp or praise on any matter whether it matters or not.

Anonymous said...

I have just downgraded my opinion of McCain from maybe-maverick/likely-same-old-same-old to idiot.

Anonymous said...

Could be like Giuliani who had 9/11 tourette syndrome.

I think senile McSame who doesn't know how many homes he owns nor the price of gas is out of touch with mainstream America.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does that make no sense? What does one have to do with the other, and what point is he making? Is there a point of relevance linking the two topics? I hate politics!

Anonymous said...

Completely out of touch. Maybe he plans to keep Americans in all of HIS homes in tough economic times.

Bud said...

I see that ex-President Carter says McCain is trying to capitalize on his imprisonment by constantly bringing it up. I assume this was a criticism.