Thursday, May 8, 2008

Barney Fife Award #6, Crane County, Tx., Sheriff's Office

They arrested a National Weather Service 'storm chaser' as he reported to the San Angelo office about hazardous weather.

The culprit, Brian Barnes, "I told him that I was helping out the National Weather Service in San Angelo, and they were relaying my reports to Midland. He told me he didn't care, and that I needed to go."

"His first words to me were, 'are you a blankety-blank idiot?'" Barnes is currently out on bail of $2,000.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've told my wife and her girlfriend, 14 year long stormchasers, to beware while in Texass! This simply reinforces my beliefs.

Anonymous said...

A phone number so we can ask for Barny?

Bud said...

I did not know who left the comment above but it contained a phone number. I deleted that number as I don't know who it it's for.

SitS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

M said...
County Sheriff
Sheriff Robert DeLeon

P.O. Box 1175
Crane, Texas 79731