Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On the town in Webberville


Our Grandson Lemon Joe is spending a couple of days with us. Last night he refused to sleep, so we watched the third period of the Red Wings together as he fussed and resisted, but finally, when the Red Wings won, the kid fell asleep. The timing was perfect, but the hour was late.

We went to Webberville to pick the kid up and while there, we went to the local brewpub for supper. I'm not making judgments about the quality of the quaff, I can leave that to others in the family who know more about beer, but I can say this: If you're looking for a nice meal, keep looking elsewhere. This was some of the worst food I ever have known to be served in a brewpub.

And there was a certain barmaid who flunked waitress school, evidently, but received a job anyway, perhaps in the nature of a mercy hiring. We tipped her generously, but now wonder why.

All of this ordeal could be blamed on Alice. She is the one with all the bad luck, and she claims if we had not taken her along, the food would have been better and the waitress more competent.

4 comments:

brenda emily said...

It's too bad, because I'm always supportive of Michigan beer and food, but unfortunately I've heard similarly less-than-positive reviews about their food and homebrew supply store. As for their beer, they don't make my Michigan Top Ten, and don't get me started on Kid Rock's Bad Ass Beer, brewed through this brewery (I'll take a macrobrew over this any day). Sounds like we need to have a positive Michigan brewpub/restaurant experience to counteract this one!

scot s w said...

It's a mixed bag with M.B.C... I like the Mackinac Pale Ale, and the nut brown I had yesterday was very nice. Some of their beers are not as impressive, but on the whole, it's O.K. The food is very hit or miss... They were unequipped to serve several items on their menu last night, and my first burger arrived very cold in the center -- obviously the patty was cooked, then frozen, then nuked on demand. COME ON!!!

Bud said...

Thanks for your thoughts. And as far as having a more positive brewery experience, I'm always game.

Alice said...

Brenda, I'm willing to give it another shot. Need to find a place that offers reuben sandwiches and actually has corned beef and thousand island dressing on hand! ...ans when they offer free peanuts, they really do have a supply on hand to fulfill the promise. the company was great, however!!!!!!!