Sunday, October 18, 2009

History 109

I was there.

My roommate in college wanted to see Dylan and gave me a sales pitch because I had never heard of him. We double dated. All I remember about it now was how "different" the guy was and how strange to see him all hooked up like a one-man-band and singing lyrics I could understand but not comprehend and that the girl I took told me this was "pure" folk music not like all those stars who got rich performing. Yeah, right!

SEPTEMBER 19, 1962, ANN ARBOR HIGH AUDITORIUM


3 comments:

scot s w said...

Ah, the Internet... The great recycler of all memorabilia.

Irene said...

Ann Arbor High School, eh? Too cool. All this stuff needs to be recycled. I went to see Leonard Cohen earlier this year, and the concert was absolutely brilliant.

Bud said...

Yeah, but I feel so old.