Wednesday, August 25, 2010

a memory

This is the Italian hilltop town of Sienna, a very ancient city that Pat and I visited a few years ago after our friend Gigi convinced us to go on tour with her and her friends. I liked this town a great deal, in part because of the history which permeated its every street, but also because it bustled with the business of being friendly and welcoming and ancient.

Someone else took this photo, but I came upon it online, and I decided to share it.

There toward the center of the picture where the white awning spreads, we had lunch -- Italian pizza. I would return to Italy gladly and see more, but would want to go back to Sienna and walk its wonderful pathways again. (Click on the picture to enlarge it.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was on that trip also & I loved Siena,too. Also San Gimigano which was similar. What a great trip that was!--- with some pretty great people. As they say, a good time was had by all!
Bina