Thursday, May 20, 2010

angry

I am not taking a break from the great happiness I feel these days with the birth of a new grandson. But, I'm still a complicated enough creature to combine that happiness with another instinct or two. One of them is a sense of seething heat.

I feel such anger over the massive destruction of wildlife and the natural environment that has already occurred in the Gulf of Mexico (and which will continue for years). This is not an unexpected calamity. We've all known for years this could happen, but we've proceeded with the ceaseless demand for oil anyway, because the economy we have is so reliant upon it. Rather than change, we want the world to keep the oil coming, no matter where it comes from.

I have not heard anyone from the mindless DRILL BABY DRILL contingent offer even a small concession to the emergency that faces us. My only regret is that this has not happened off Alaska and cannot destroy the economy of Wyoming, from whence the two main "drillers" spring.

So, I'm angry. Fortunately, I do not have to face this monstrous crime eye-to-eye. Pity the innocent people who must. The oil is now reaching the marshes.

No comments: