Thursday, February 11, 2010

a few things

1. This is a fact picked up from television yesterday. When right-wing political CHRISTIANS found that science would not support their politics, they tried to create a new science: Creationism. When history did not support their claims that the founding fathers meant to create a Christian nation, they have tried to recreate American history.

I do not mean to try to disparage anyone's religious beliefs. I wish they would return the favor and stop trying to cram the rest of the country into their narrow little mold.

2. I've looked at clouds from both sides now, from up and down and still, it seems, they are only good for raining and snowing on me. Is that how the lyrics of that song went?

3. Another of my high school classmates has died. This is a whole hell of a lot of them I've outlived. I wonder why.

4. I am disappointed in my country these days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheerful...

And I thought Saginaw was the land of sunshine, lollipops, rainbows, and unicorns.... I'm so disenchanted now... :(
-Trase

Alice said...

Who died?

Dashmann said...

Our classmate, of course, was John Jacobson.
Jake, a fun character, was a member of the 1961 SHS basketball team that lost in the Regional finals at the Flint IMA auditorium. Next season Thompson, Best, Humes, Speer, and Kellum carried the mighty Trojans to the Class A state championship.
But Jake made a mysterious buzzer - beating shot from the center circle with 9 seconds remaining against cross town rival Arthur Hill his senior season.
I also witnessed him hitting a golf ball about 275 yards, Problem was it could go in any direction.
I'll bet he crammed a lot of living into 66 years.

Dashmann said...

And why the disappointment of the USA ??