Wednesday, September 30, 2009

what I did on my vacation

The gentleman who owns this car thought I was taking pictures of his bumpers because I agreed with his ass-end-of-a-car philosophy. I wanted to quarrel with him, but Pat said no.

The man is concerned with keeping his guns and his money. I have no idea whether he acquired either in a decent or lawful manner nor whether he employs either in a good way, although the bumper stickers cast lots of doubt. But when he says that everywhere he goes, people toot at him and pump their fists in support, I wonder if he makes the same mistake with them that he made with me. I 'm confident that he passes lots of folks who, like me, think he's a dodo.

I applaud his love of country, even though he doesn't love it enough to be generous, and he doesn't love it enough to buy its cars. That is a Hyundai, you know.

(click on pic to enlarge it)

3 comments:

Irene said...

I've had it with the "anti-taxes/I want my freedom" mob. The govt's budget problems are because of all the money wasted in Iraq and in bailing out an economic mess created by greedy people who would not give them the time of day (not to mention the big tax cuts W handed out to the wealthy). Why weren't they grabbing their tea bags and marching in protest when W and crew were monumentally messing things up?

Irene said...

I admit - I would have been with Pat and not argued with this fellow. First - is there any point? The few debates I have had disintegrated quickly into a personal attacks on me. Second - he might have had his gun in the car. But then - I need to stop preaching to the converted and be a bit more brave.

Bud said...

I often wonder what has happened to the brains of people who profess to love their country, but who find fault with so many other people and ideas. These maniacs almost always wave the American flag. Exactly what America are they thinking of?