Sunday, August 16, 2009

"BULLSHIT!"

Last night I was told that a gentleman who attended a "Tea-bag Party" to protest taxes and the government in general, was now officially a terrorist.

[If you have forgotten about the Tea-Bag or the Tea Party Protests, CLICK HERE]

The story went like this: Obama sent the FBI to identify all the protesters at the Tea-Partys, take down their names, and place them on the FBI's Terrorist Watch List. Anyone familiar with BIRCHES knows that I have admired what the Tea-Bag Party-ers were doing, because in my opinion., this is in the best traditions of American political activism. (Although I did not agree with most of their politics.) Democracy needs protesters and people who write to Congressmen, and speak up and, especially, people who seek to educate themselves about complicated issues.

BUT, when I heard THIS story, the only response I could muster at the drop of a hat was "Bullshit!"

When it comes to politics -- like religion -- it never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to believe! What I'm inclined to think is that some folks have sought to add to their own sense of importance by considering themselves to be so righteous and dangerous to the government that they've had their "names taken down."

One more manifestation of the wacky right wing that has seized control of the nation al debate.



No comments: