Tuesday, January 3, 2012

travel

I have been traveling (and assorted other things) over the holidays and have now settled down for awhile. Here are some observations:

1. The number of wonderful looking cars on the highways is amazing. Many different companies built them, and they are of high quality. They won't rust. Their sparkling finishes will last for decades. There are no lemons anymore. Very few cars are broken down by the roadside, even in areas where thousands of cars pass every hour. I conclude, among other thoughts, that the best thing to happen to the American car industry was competition from abroad, although it practically bankrupted them.

2. Too many people are talking on phones while driving. I am virtuous and try never to do that. I don't make phone calls while driving but sometimes take them, when I'm expecting someone to call and therefore know who it is and what they want and that the conversation will be short. See how very virtuous I am!

3. Going somewhere with my wife is always enjoyable.

No comments: