Saturday, May 23, 2009

Birthday letter from Dashmann

From a very good long-time friend.


=====

As I approach my 66th anniversary on Earth, especially on this Memorial Day weekend, it saddens me to realize, observing todays events , we , as human beings , are no closer to a peaceful coexistance with our brothers and sisters around the world  and in this great nation than when I arrived on that war torn day in 1943.

 

Three of my favorite quotations that have probably been around in various wordings during mankind began pretty well illustrate what needs to happen to cure our ills, but I realize now they likely never will.

  1. Jack Nicholson in “Mars Attacks” ; “Why can’t we all just get along?”
  2. Bob Dylan ; “Where have all the flowers gone ??? When will we ever learn ????”
  3. Tony Soprano ; “You don’t have to take it all  --- there’s enough for everbody”

 

What a great birthday present if those thoughts ever come true.

Dashmann

No comments: